WFilter - messenger blocker, block instant messengers
Instant messaging can be a benefit to business when used properly, but IM is often abused by employees and poses significant liability and security risks.
IM programs often support more than just simple text-based chat. They may also include peer to peer file transfer capabilities, which can pose security risks in two ways. Internal users can send documents that may be confidential out of your network, circumventing your network's perimeter defenses against file sharing programs or e-mail attachments. On the other hand, external users can send files that might contain viruses or malicious code to users on the internal network. In addition, a liability risk arises if employees use the file transfer feature to share copyrighted music, movie or software files in violation of the law.
WFilter enables administrators to set rules for messenger usage.
WFilter's messenger filtering feature enables you to monitor and filter employees instant messenger activities.
Key Features and Advantages:
- Monitor and archive ICQ, Yahoo!, Jabber messenger usage and chat contents.
- Record files transfered by messengers.
- Implement policies to block instant messenger protocols.
- Implement policies to block file transfers via messengers.
- Filter messenger usage by messenger accounts.
- Set keywords alert on instant messages.
- You only need to install WFilter in ONE computer to monitor your whole network.
- Learn more about WFilter.